Friday, November 20, 2009

One down...

I did it! Exactly 5 years after the intial inspiration for the Asparagus Revival while sitting in the airport in Seoul, South Korea, I have a complete first draft of both the inner and outer stories! I am determined that the second draft won't take nearly as long, due to my new found discipline for writing every day for at least 15 minutes. I haven't missed a day since January - even on vacation, and being sick enough to draft a will - except for Halloween. But I worked on the book at 8:00 the next morning after only 4 hours of sleep, so that's gotta count for something.
Well, here's to fleshing the story out and getting it to a point where I am happy to let others see it.

2 comments:

Sarah C said...

That's awesome. Congrats on being some diligent!

Stephanie said...

I wish I could find motivation to last that long! Congrats!