Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm Back!




My very long absence has been due to...laziness, job/career changes, multiple entrepreneur ventures, 2nd complete full draft of my novel! and other little life crises and adventures. So, to catch up -

I gave my old job the "bird" and quit when I was told that everything I'd created, all the new programs and all the children I'd reached, had been a waste of time. Now I'm teaching ESL for adults and loving it! And I'm getting quite the education myself in a variety of cultures, Saudi Arabian in particular.

I checked another item off my bucketlist in September. I went with a friend to Steamboat Springs for a ride in a hot air balloon! Amazing! Thousands of feet in the air with out an inflatable exit raft, floaty cushions or even a seat belt, and I was not the least bit afraid. Even leaning over and out of the basket for photos. And Steamboat springs was a fabulous place to have that little adventure too.

I'm working on starting up one business with some old colleagues - along the lines of financial literacy, and also starting up another with my own handmade works of art - bags and necklaces at the moment.

I have finished the 2nd full draft of my novel! Every step from here is an accomplishment for me, and record breaking!

I've had a change in scenery as far as friendships go, but all for the better. I think the hot air balloon is the perfect metaphor for my life this year - how much more buoyant I feel after losing some dead weight.

And it has been my pleasure and privelege to be able to design a syllabus and curriculm for creative writing for my ESL students, starting tomorrow! We're starting with blogs, and so, luckily, I'll be forced to post more often. And because I think my life has gotten more interesting...hopefully so will my posts!

No comments: