Thursday, February 17, 2011

Live a little better

A while ago, a man at the grocery story went out of his way to take my grocery cart to the cart coral for me.  He was going in the opposite direction and it was such a small gesture but it completely brightened up my day.  A day that had been mired in crap from the get go anyway.  He was my knight in shining grocery cart. 
More recently, I suited up to shovel my drive way, only to open the garage door and find my neighbor just finishing up in my driveway with his snowblower!  The snow was thick and heavy and he saved me about 45 minutes to an hour at least.  Just a little extra kindness thrown out there.

Here's my challenge, actually LOOK for ways to brighten someone's day.  Return someone else's grocery cart for them, stick another quarter in the meeter, smile at a stranger.  Do something out of the usual vain of do-good-ness. 
Get into the habit of doing these things and you might surprise yourself, and others.

No comments: