Monday, April 25, 2011

Change Is In The Air

Although I have enjoyed my current job for the most part, teaching ESL,I'm ready for a change and so I've got a new job! I'll be working with kids and philanthropy programs and I am excited!  I went to a  murder mystery dinner theater to celebrate, who knew Denver had one of those?!  It was a blast, except for the hokey conga line.  In fact, if you look up hokey in the dictionary, you'll see conga line right after pokey.  But the acting was fun, the rest of the audience participation was a hoot, and the food was delicious. 
I start my new job in two weeks and I am so excited.  Things that would have stressed me out last week, didn't phase me today.  I started to feel my blood pressure boil, and then remembered: they're only my issues for two more weeks.  Then I get a whole new batch of issues, and I am ready for them!


Some things I learned this week - for my Bucket List - Eisa in Arabic means Jesus, and there is an Arabic surname, Aleisa.
Torpedos were first used during the civil war, Denver has a fun mystery dinner theater, and the word 'sass' used to refer to root vegetables.   Sassafrass makes more sense now.

No comments: