Saturday, July 27, 2013

Catching up on July

I've been away for a while and have quite a bit of catching up to do!

Mom and I saw this license plate, which I thought was perfect for this blog...


In June I caught a glimpse of the Chalk Art Festival downtown, right outside our my office, and it was pretty fantastic - but crowded!



For the 3rd of July, I joined a friend at Civic Center Park where we saw fireworks with the Colorado Symphony over the Denver Courthouse.  Pretty impressive.








Sara and I went for a hike in Roxborough Park with lots of wildlife! A doe, a rattlesnake, another snake (big but not poisonous - I think.  I didn't stop to ask).









The tail of the rattle snake is just under the white leaf in the middle of the picture.  Right next to the trail! This was after he moved and his head had been even closer. (To the trail, not us.)

Maura and I went to Cheyenne Frontier Days.  We saw Styx, and Journey Friday night, and the opening parade in the morning! That was my favorite part.







This was the fire truck above, and another one below!








Note the longhorns on the front of this car above!




Senior citizen in covered wheel chairs.


A newer model fire truck.


No comments: