Sunday, May 8, 2011

Glorious Upheavals!

A LOT happened this last week. 
First, as we know, Bin Laden was killed.  I want to comment on the number of flags present in the celebration pictures.  I have a little flag for my front porch, and an old flag from WWI framed, but I don't have a big one.  I was amazed, touched and very pleased to see how many people around the country from college campuses to the big city streets had big flags, and were displaying them proudly.  This is quite the change in images from the usual bashing America gets, in large part from her own citizens.  And though those bashings aren't always undeserved, I am heartened to see some pride displayed boldly around the country.  It's about time.


Second, I had my last day at my school this last Thursday.   A little bittersweet as I was counting down the minutes until certain students became someone else's issue, but also sad to leave others.  I will miss a lot of the students, the teachers and admin. 

Third, I spent all day on Saturday at my mom's church for a bazaar.  It was my first, and I was selling my purses, jewelry and notecards.  I just have to chalk it up to a learning experience, because it wasn't a real financial boon.  The weather was so nice, no one wanted to be inside - or at least no one that knew about the bazaar, which weren't many.  But, I got some good lessons for the next time, if there'll be one.

And last, my boyfriend and I had a paella party to celebrate both of our new jobs! And in doing so, we supported Adrian and Jose in their new business venture - paella catering.  I wrote about them in an earlier post, but I have to say it again, because it was bigger and better! They came to my house and made the paella on their own portable propane stove, while telling us about the paella.  They brought two appetizers, a dessert and two gallons of very delicious Sangria.  The paella was fantastic, and plenty to feed 12 hungry people, with seconds, and enough for left overs.  Guess what I'm having for dinner! And, I didn't have to clean any of it! They came this morning (on time to the minute) to pick up the dessert dishes, sangria jugs and paella pan.  I will definitely be having another paella party, they were worth it!  spanishfoodincolorado@gmail.com. 





No comments: