Sunday, July 24, 2011

Deliciousness on a Dime

I am a big budgeter and try to stick to my budget guns, even if there's a week left and seemingly nothing to eat in my house.  Tonight though, I stunned myself even, by creating a really yummy meal out of the very literal odds and ends in the cupboard and fridge.

I had a box of mac and cheese - pretty standard, frozen peas and a can of tuna.  Ok, tuna noodle casserole, nothing new, but not delicious.  I upped the yum factor by mixing a handful of oyster crackers with a couple table spoons of left over feta chese and Gillmates roasted garlic and herb chicken seasoning.  Spread that crumbly goodness over the tuna/peas/mac&cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 350 and voila! Much more upscale deliciousness! 
My challenge this week is to see what other gourmet dishes I can come up with without going to the store.  I'll be working mostly with canned, frozen, boxed, and condiments.  The challenge is on!

No comments: