Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Here...at the zoo.

Happy Mother's Day!

I spent the morning with Ryan, Serenity, and the kids at the zoo.  It's always a good day with them, though I don't remember much about the animals each time we go.

We did drive a tuk-tuk.



And tried on some ginormous ears!







We saw the rhino, and the hippo.





And we made sure to be back at the penguins in time to see their feeding.  Corinne was especially interested.







Corinne and I tied in the carousel race while Connor rode the train with his mommy. 








And the kids checked out the covered wagon. I swear our zoo does have more animals.




This evening I gave Mom and Serenity their Rafiki Water Chains from Free the Children.  They can be worn as a bracelet or necklace, and the purchase of one of them buys safe, clean water for a person for a year.  This was the Kenya project I couldn't mention earlier, but here's May's Kenya goal. 




Happy Mother's Day to all the great mother's I know, especially my one!

No comments: