Monday, May 27, 2013

Sleep Over Survival

I survived last night's sleepover with the kids, though Connor was exhausted today and Corinne is sick, so apparently I'm the one that came out on top.  I never would have guessed that by how tired I am today. 

The kids made signs for my veggie garden, and some of our mustaches made it onto the signs. 










Corinne was wide awake at 2:00 am, wondering when it would be time for  us to get up and play.  I think she must have tried to play with Connor because I heard his very sleepy, and annoyed, reply - "no thank you.  NO THANKYOU."

We had a great time, and the kitties survived too - update of my girls: Nikko and Vindaloo




This month's philanthropic country effort goes to Romania.  I had ordered lemonade from this adorable and inspirational little 8 year old at Make A Stand Lemonade for a party for my Impact Factory committee members this Friday, but unfortunately the lemonade won't make it in time.  Sigh.  All of the money goes to fighting human trafficking around the world through Not For Sale and so this month, I can check Romania off my list, bringing my tally up to:

India
Kenya
Ecuador (where the purchase of my Kenyan Rafiki Water Chain helped purchase clean, safe, water)
Romania

Hopefully I'll be able to report on the taste of the lemonade in a few weeks. 

No comments: