Friday, December 27, 2013

Best Christmas in Years

I hope you all had as wonderful a Christmas this year as I have. 
Mine started weeks ago with an early present...






I love this little bee ornament made out of wine corks!

Nico got into the spirit...

And Vindaloo wouldn't be outdone.





I had my surgery the Friday before and Corriney made me a get well stocking, with all the things I could possibly need: purple sidewalk chalk (my favorite color), 2 crayons, a seashell from Florida, glass pebbles and acorns - for my crafts, pennies, a foam square - for more crafts, homemade caramels (great medicine!), a Cutie orange, and bandaids for my tummy.  She even put a bow on the top (though this picture is sans bow because I needed some of that medicine.)




Connor started our festivities on Christmas Eve with force...from the dark side.



Christmas morning was exactly as it should be - lots of love and gifts in our pajamas around the tree, with cherry turnovers to tide us over till breakfast.  Corinne really got into the giving spirit and made Gaga and I jingle bell necklaces, and she re-purposed one of Connor's hats for her daddy.  The straps are her addition. By the way, those are her Silly Hands (boxing gloves) next to Ryan that Corinne asked for from Santa.  She's going to need them to defend herself from Connor, who got a nerf dart gun!


Corinne loves her bird wings and was flapping all around, and Connor was giving chase with his dart gun.  Corinne flap-flapped, "I'm an endangered bird!"




Gaga gave Corinne an art box, and she got right to work making a beak, and a feather for her head.





My boyfriend Jeff joined us made a great addition to our family.
 After breakfast we split up for showers, naps, and some down time before reconvening at Gaga/Papa's for dinner.  Corinne had helped Gaga make the decorations for our centerpiece.




Ryan insisted we reinstate our old Puzzle on Christmas tradition.  Corinne got right in there too because of the birds. 


Mom put up her floating tree again, with Dad's touch...the one red ball, and mine - the cardinal.


And Connor was quality control, making sure I was warm and cozy under my new heated throw.




This was a fantastic Christmas all together, and I hope you all had a wonderful day too.


No comments: