Sunday, December 15, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Two weeks ago we had snow and temperatures in the single digits, right in time for my Penny Pick-Up week.  I spent the week driving around a UHaul, meeting up with volunteers who had visited our participating schools to pick up their sacks of pennies (30 lbs each!) or going out to the schools myself.  On the day that it snowed, I was scheduled to meet our Boulder school halfway between Boulder and Denver in the Butterfly Pavilion's parking lot in Broomfield.  I ended up getting there a half  hour early since I'd left plenty of time expecting to crawl along the highway at an even slower pace.  While waiting for the teacher from the Boulder school, I decided to go in and mingle with the butterflies.  I stepped  out of the freezing cold and snow, into a tropical jungle.









This little oasis was perfect warming medicine before I headed back out in the cold. 

No comments: