Sunday, June 1, 2014

On The Road Again and Bucket Lists

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to check off a bucket list wish and be a part of a radio interview with two of the amazing teachers I work with. The interview will air at 6:55 am on KGNU on June 18th.  What a great day for a bucket list check-off!




The very next week, while attending a school assembly for one of my programs, a Black Hawk helicopter landed  on the playground for a special addition to the assembly.  While I didn't get to go inside, I got close enough.  If this wasn't on my bucket list already, it is now!



Jeff and I went on a roadtrip to Kansas to visit his family.  We had a great time! We watched his nephew's soccer games, had Kansas City BBQ (Oklahoma Joes) which is delicious and my first introduction to burnt ends! These are the delicious ends sliced off the edges of brisket and they are yummy, yummy morsels.  
We played whiffleball (and I'm sending whiffleballs to the kids since Jeff broke all the balls with his swings), went to a farmers market and had lots of good wine - thanks to Jeff - and chats.
One of the highlights, at least the one I took pictures of, was going to the Deanna Rose Farmstead. 

There were lots of goats.  Notice the goatee on this one, and the horn wrapped around his ear. Jeff got his niece and nephew campaigning heavily for us to get pygmy goats (not pictured).  While they are very cute, and his niece and nephew put in quite the effort - including a poster and a list of pros and cons - the jury is still out.




The farmstead also had shops set up like they would be in an old town, including a general store.  The family got right down to some checkers,



and other shenanigans. Led by Jeff of course.


It was a great weekend and Kansas really does have more to offer than ruby slippers.



No comments: