Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer: Fire, Camps, and Darth Vader

Ryan completed a Citizen's Academy with the South Metro Fire Department where he learned all about fires and putting them out.  The family turned out for their final day to see them in action!

Ryan is in the front with the hose.






When I was working from home a few weeks ago, Looie sat on my work and reminded me to take a break.

 
Sara and I went for a hike in Waterton Canyon and got caught in a huge thunderstorm with tornado warnings.  It was fun regardless! 
 
Wendy and I went on a VIP tour of Denver Comic Con, thanks to our office neighbors being the brains behind the whole conference.  It was a completely new experience for us! 




Jeff and I went up to Camp Wapiyapi, a camp for kids with cancer and their siblings.  We helped out with their carnival and dance on their final night of camp and it was a really fantastic experience.  It was a great reminder that kids with cancer are kids first, and have all the needs of any other kid - to have fun, to be taken seriously, and to be challenged.  Everyone has a LOT of fun at these camps! These are the camp directors and counselors!


This little guy loved this game, and Jeff.  






He could fit under the chairs to get to the balls!

This little cutie reminded me of a Who from Whoville with the red feathery headband.  She had a lot of spirit!


Hoola hoops were huge.  The boy really had it going!!








Me and Darla, the Executive Director.  She is an outstanding woman!


Jeff and I stayed in Estes Park, and on our way home, we stopped in Boulder where I had a run-in with a human statue.


Looks like the summer is off to a good start!

No comments: