Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Story of the Underoos

The real story of the Underoos goes like this:

My friend - who due to the sensitive nature of this story we shall call Brookie - was on her way to India when she and her boyfriend at the time stayed overnight in New York at her then-boyfriend's brother's place.  It just so happened that her then-boyfriend's brother was rooming with...Neil Patrick Harris.  Some of you may remember him as Doogie Houser, some may know him well as Barney Stinson.  I know him as the owner of the fabulous man-panties on the wall in my bathroom.  Brookie knew that I had a celebrity crush on NPH, so she took it upon herself to thoughtfully rifle through his undie drawer to find the the pair that would best match my decor.  6-9 months later, after backpacking across India and Indonesia, Brookie attended my birthday party and presented me with this fabulous gift. 

Enter Corinne and Connor at the sleepover weekend before last asking me:

"Aunt Kewey, why do you have underoos on your wall?  Why are they fwamed?"

"Well, kids, it's a funny story.  My friend Brookie knew that I liked this man, and she went through...she borrowed a pair of his underoos because she thought it would be funny, and she gave them to me for my birthday."

"But why do you have underoos on your wall?"

"Because it's funny."

Crickets.

"Who wants pancakes!?" I had to end it on a high note, and save that story for much, much later.



No comments: