Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Fresh Start

Happy New Year!

This has always been a day of reflection and looking ahead for me.  Yes, the cliche setting of goals as well, some of which don't get done, but I'm happy to report that a couple of my biggest ones were completed this year!

I completed most of the Highline Canal, with the exception of the last few miles in Aurora on which I'm giving myself a pass because going along Colfax doesn't strike me as safe or scenic. 
I've lost 18 lbs of my goal of 45, but considering that I didn't start really working on it till September, I feel that's an accomplishment worth noting.
I did go on a trip - to California with Mom!
And while I didn't formally set up a website for my purses, I've still sold 5 or 6 this year, and gave another to Mom for a donation to her new do-gooders group.

Some of my new goals for this year include:

Lose 25 more pounds
Travel - hopefully internationally!
Write everyday
Make and sell more purses
Make a loaf of bread from scratch

And...figure out my new purpose for this blog, now that I've done the daily pictures.

Here are some pics from the most recent Christmas break:



The whole family turned out for Corinne's Pre-K holiday recital.






Christmas Eve with Mom, Serenity, Connor and Corinne.  Connor is still 'playing' church - strumming Dad's guitar, and asking Mom and I to hold up our 'candles' to the church music.







Christmas morning was great for everyone.  And, I made mittens out of sweaters out of everyone and they were a cozy hit.







Dad has started going to Grandma's Memory Care Center every Thursday to sing to the residents, and I got to go with him a couple times.  They LOVE him there.


 A month ago, Ryan, Serenity and the kids helped me cut my Christmas Tree, and Corinne looked with her 'sharp eyes' to help me find it.

And dad really got into the spirit.  Post Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: