Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's the Little Things

As much as I'd like to take artsy shots like this one all week:


it's hard in the winter when the daylight is limited and I work in an office all day. This week in particular I've focused on the little things that I'm grateful for or that make me happy.

Jan 2nd - Luckily I was paying attention and caught the error that would have charged me $48.00 for 48 cents of cilantro at the grocery store. 







Jan 3- I had a dream of a friend from high school, that I haven't seen or talked to since college.  I decided it's about time to reach out, and thanks to Facebook, I was able to find her easily and make contact.








January 4th - In December, I started writing every day on my novel again, and I haven't broken my stride.


January 5th - All week I have been battling dehydration and getting back in the habit of drinking 2 - 3 water bottles a day.  After being made aware of the water situation in so many places around the world, I am truly thankful that I have so much clean water - filtered even - and readily available - hot or cold - without any danger on my way to fill up my bottle.  That isn't something little at all.




January 6th - I had the privilege to attend a training for a curriculum developed by a Denver teacher based  off a book written by a former Wall Street banker.  This book discusses the Code of the West, a code which Wall Street should have adopted, and one which the State of Wyoming has. 



Jan 7th - Dad and I babysat the kids tonight, and I am thrilled that they have a grandpa that gets the rhythm of Dr. Seuss and has a great Pirate Pete voice for story time.


January 8th - Yesterday it snowed, and today there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Perfect light shining through my mom's art installation in my gate. 



No comments: