Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's To Happy Days Ahead

After a wonderful - if not totally relaxing - week at home, I am ready to start the new year.  Some of my goals include:
Bake my own bread
Learn to make a pie from scratch
Lose weight ( so I won't be eating the pie I make :)
Find an agent for my kids books - This is the year, a fire has been lit under my patoot and I'm ready to go.

Here are my grateful pictures from this last week:

Dec 26th - It's nice to have a camera on a walk through old town Castle Rock.


December 27th - We got to sit in on my niece's ballet class.  5 little 3 year olds = cuteness wrapped in tutus.
I couldn't take just one picture of this.





December 28th - Mom and I were treated to this beautiful start to a stunning sunset on our way home from very productive shopping.


December 29th - Making peanut butter balls with Connor, Mom, and Corinne the "good cooker".






December 30th - Dad is writing a book! And it's good!


December 31 - Ending the year with Pineapple Upside Down pancakes...delicious! (The brown is homemade cinnamon butter.)


January 1st - I'm very grateful that I can spend a week with my parents at their home and, while I'm happy to be going home, I'm a little sad to go, and very very grateful that I can call their home my home too.



Happy new year! I'm looking forward to a year of new pictures and experiences, and I wish the same for you.

No comments: