Sunday, October 7, 2012

80 to 50 in 24!

October 1 - I am grateful for our assistant at work - Carly.  She takes a lot off my plate!






October 2nd - I watched a part 2 of the Half the Sky documentary tonight, based on the book, and I am so grateful that I don't have even an eighth of these women's problems, and that this documentary is helping to make more people aware of the horrific issues millions of women are facing around the world.





October 3rd - I'm grateful for a little splurge today - I picked up J.K. Rowling's new book at the grocery store.





October 4th - Yesterday it was 80 degrees here, today it is 50 and tomorrow we're getting snow.  Thumbs up for sweater weather!





October 5th - Woke up to snow today and it is CHILLY! I'm so grateful for heat (even if I don't have it cranked up) when so many don't have the means to get warm.





October 6th - I babysat the kids tonight and had two excellent helpers to make cupcakes for Kevin's birthday.  They were very excited to help - and were good at it too! (It's like they've done this before! :)  They cracked eggs in the bowl, helped me stir, frosted and decorated.  Really, I did nothing.


And we made a fort - or as Corinne calls it, a cave.  We had to talk about compromise because Corinne wanted it completely covered and dark, but Connor needed a window.


October 7th - I finished a purse for a friend's friend who likes her purses to live out loud.  I  think this fits the bill!


1 comment:

Ren said...

Love, love Corinney's smile while baking with you! Will you please email me that photo? It is so small on the blog. Thanks for watching them. They had a great time with you.