Sunday, May 27, 2012

New and Growing

May 21st - I had lunch outside today by the fountain.  Little things like this just set a Monday off right.






May 22nd - I had an amazing day today with the Penny Harvest kids from Ellis Elementary.  They gave some of their grant money to the Denver Voice, a paper created for and sold by the homeless as a means to get back on their feet.  The kids not only gave a grant, they volunteered for an hour on 16th Street Mall selling the papers with the help and expertise of two Voice vendors.  I had the opportunity to talk with Dionne on our way back to the Voice office and she had some amazing insights to share.  One was that she chose to be homeless rather than stay in her abusive marriage, and she says it was the best choice she's made.  The other piece was that even more than the money she makes selling papers, she appreciates a smile or a simple greeting from people passing by, simply acknowledging her presence. 





May 23rd - Maura and I found DBar! My new favorite restaurant! (D is for dessert, but the rest of their food is Delightful too! We had the churros - made to order, with rum and coke ice cream.





May 24th - My peonies are bloomin' - beautiful!





May 25th - Didn't take a picture today, so this is of my throw pillow on my bed that I like.





May 26th - Mom, Dad and I worked really hard today building my raised veggie gardens.  2 more tons of dirt to go and I'll be ready.





I also finally got a shot of my housemates on my back patio.  Mom and Dad with 4 babies.





May 27th - went for another Highline Canal walk this morning - this time about 7 miles.  I really liked the light on these willows.





I hope your spring is just as bloomin' beautiful.


No comments: