Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Golden Weekend

September 10th - I'm grateful for my latest purse...


And for finishing this poem project in this Portrait book of Steve McCurry's.  I bought the book about 14 years ago intending to write poems about the portraits inside and finally finished - a poem a day from Jan 18th -Sept 8th.






Sept 11th - I had a business meeting at Sweet Action ice cream shop where they have very interesting ice cream flavors. Note the Roasted Green Chile, Jalapeno Lime, Thai Iced Tea, and Biscuits and Jam.  I had Bailey's Irish Cream.





Sept 12th -  I pitched my program for work to a group of kids in West High School's library, where there's a tree growing out of the library floor!


Sept 13th - This is the green pepper from my garden I'm eating for snack without dressing because I joined weight watchers online on Monday.  Mmm,mmm.  This is so much better than a rice krispie treat.





Sept 14th - I found this cool business at an Urban Market downtown - Birch Bender's Griddle Cakes.  They're out of Boulder and there's a fill line on the jar that you fill with water and shake, then pour on the griddle.  Perfect for camping!





Sept 15th and 16th - Speaking of Camping, I went this weekend which happened to be perfect for the golden aspens.  I had a perfect afternoon sitting by a river in the afternoon light writing and reading.

The view on the way over.















We had the perfect camp spot.








And we ate well thanks to the amazing camp kit Kevin put together.



And more great views,













No comments: